Everyone knows Tom's Mechanical, we're that a/c company you've been looking for. Honest management, steady workflow, exceptional core values, and compasssion for employees. We are a mid size heating & air-conditioning company who specialize in service, maintenance, system replacements, and customer service. While Tom’s Mechanical is headquartered in Arlington Texas, we service the entire DFW area and have been for nearly 60 years. We have experienced rapid growth in the last 4 years and are looking for further rapid expansion in our customer base in the upcoming years. When you are hired on at Tom’s Mechanical you will sleep at night knowing we don't lay off in the slow months and we don't send you home with no hours. WE OFFER A GUARANTEED 35 HOURS IN OFF SEASON MONTHS; health, vision and dental benefits; a company matched simple IRA plan; paid holidays, jury duty and funeral leave; paid training, and up to 3 weeks paid vacation annually. We have one of the strongest, most talented, residential service departments you will find and are looking for experienced installers to help grow and build our installation department. If you are the extremely skilled in residential change outs, friendly and outgoing, and looking for a stable career, then look to us! Either bring yourself or bring yourself and your helper and we will hire you as a team.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Residential Installer - Lead Man
- Seeking long term employee who is above average HVAC Residential Installer with a minimum of 3 years of installation experience.
- Experience with install on gas heaters, electric heaters, heatpump systems, zoning, and Trane variable speed systems.
- Must be neatly groomed, have no visible tattoos or piercings, and have great customer service skills
- Must have ability to read and interpret manuals and schematics and follow directions from a work order.
- Must arrive to work no later than 7:30 and be willing to work until the job in complete
- Must understand basic refrigeration and be able to charge by superheat and/or subcooling
- Required to be E.P.A and T.D.L.R. registered and have a current Texas driver license.
- Installers are required to supply their own hand tools and be physically able to climb ladders and lift/pull 100lbs. Company will supply certain items.
- Pay - $21-$29 - depending on experience, education, and competency assessment + bonuses
- Take pride in your work and go above and beyond to always please the customer.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Yearly Christmas bonus as mush as 3 weeks worth of pay
- Simple IRA Retirement with generous company match
- Up to 3 weeks of paid vacation annually
- Flexible spending account
- Free $25,000 life insurance policy and will
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Training
- Guaranteed Minimum 35 hours per week in off season with ample overtime in busy season
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid Uniforms
- Company Vehicle
- Opportunity for advancement
- Free vacation to anywhere within the continental United States after 20 years of service